Whoever came up with the "glass half-full, half-empty" analogy must have overlooked a key, magical elixir for any mood: an all-the-way-full taco. When we debuted this Veggie Picadillo recipe with our new Grain Free Taco Shells last weekend at Expo West, we observed a number of smiles upon consumption, among veggie lovers and taco aficionados alike. So, give this minced mushroom recipe a taste, and bring a little fulfillment to your plate.
- 32oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 14oz can crushed tomato
- 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Nom Nom Paleo Magic Mushroom Powder (optional but recommended)
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Warm up olive oil in large sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and black pepper over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until onions and peppers have significantly softened.
- Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add minced mushrooms in small batches, maybe three batches total, cooking out the moisture before adding the next batch in.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes after the last batch is added until you have a softened, fragrant, moist, but not soupy taco filling.
- Season with black pepper, Nom Nom Paleo and/or Sea Salt to taste.
- Garnish with toppings. We recommend romaine lettuce, tomatoes and/or the Siete hot sauce of your choosing!
Our New Line of Taco Shells
You spoke, and we listened. This one’s para ti. For you, who bravely laid out bare tortillas to crisp on your oven ra...
Café con Siete - Daisy O'Connor
When Daisy O’Connor came for her Café con Siete performance and visit, she admitted that seven (siete) is her lucky n...