As the temperature rises, we find ourselves dozing off in the heat of the afternoon, dreaming of the summer days when we ran through the sprinklers in the backyard, listening for the ice cream truck, and a sweet reprise from the Texas sun. And although those days of yore are no more, our love of ice cream remains. So, we had a eureka moment: Tortilla Ice Cream Bowls! Doubling as both a cone and a bowl (and spoon, even!) in this summer treat, the tortilla in this ice cream recipe makes this recipe simple, sweet, and grain free.
Perfect for serving pool-side, as a movie snack, or out on the patio at night, watching the fireflies. Garnish and decorate with toppings that fill your heart with gluten free glee—you’ll be sure to have all your guests screaming for more ice cream!
Tortilla Ice Cream Bowls
Servings: 3 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ice Cream Bowls:
- 3 Siete Cassava Tortillas
- Coconut Ice Cream
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Butter or butter alternative
- Cacao shavings
- Heat tortillas on griddle, medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Allow tortillas to cool down slightly, then butter your tortilla on both sides.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Season buttered tortillas using cinnamon and sugar mixture, evenly on both sides.
- While tortillas are warm, place them in oven-safe bowl, folding and molding them on the sides, into the shape of a bowl.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove baked and hardened tortillas from the oven and bowls.
- Scoop coconut ice cream into each tortilla bowl.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Find Siete products at a store near you.