Below, our family has collected some of our favorite Summer songs, movies, books, and recipes to share with you. We hope it incites a little happiness, entertainment, flavor, movement, and community into your day.
Normally, summer playlists set the mood for carne asadas or pool parties with agua frescas. While this summer may look a little differently than last, music can still bring fun-in-the-sun vibes to a party of one (or a few). This Siete Summers playlist is a press-play-and-get-on-with-your-day jam session, created for when you’re sunbathing in the backyard or enjoying a summery cocktail on the patio.
School may be out for the summer, but don’t put your bookmarks away just yet! We put together a few of our favorite summertime reads that you can enjoy in your favorite reading nook, or out on a sunkissed picnic blanket. Kick back, read a chapter, and get lost in a whole new world for an afternoon.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Gone Away World by Nick Harkaway
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming! We’re taking Dory’s advice: swimming through the heat and learning how to speak whale… Actually, that’s probably harder than it seems, so, instead, we’ve listed out some of our favorite summertime flicks.
- 500 Days of Summer
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- Finding Nemo
- The Goonies