Some people say “if you like it then you should have put a wing on it.” And, boy, oh boy, do we agree. Still, some people like to take it a little slower when it comes to love (and spice), and we get that too. So we created Buffalo Chicken Tenders—intentionally not burn-your-esophagus or burn-your-heart hot, but tender and mild. Like first love, sorta. (I mean, it’s not that much of a stretch since one of our first childhood loves really were chicken tenders…) So you and your kiddos alike can love every minute of it.
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 lbs. Chicken tenders (4 breasts cut into tenders)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bag Grain Free Sea Salt Chips
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ⅓ cup Siete Traditional Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse chips and seasonings (cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika) until chips are finely crumbed.
- In a shallow dish, place tapioca starch.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg and hot sauce.
- In a third shallow dish, add seasoned chip crumbs.
- Coat chicken tenders with starch; dip into the egg mixture, then coat with chip crumb mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepot combine hot sauce and butter over low heat and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken tenders and serve with celery and ranch or blue cheese dressing.