Whether you’re skilled or green when it comes to soup-stewing, this Chicken Verde Tortilla Soup is perfect for beginners and pros alike. Ladle up this flavorful soup will leave family and friends hanging on your every pour.
Each spoonful has a delicious combination of chicken, cheese, tomato, lime and—of course—tortilla chips. Perfect for a cool night up in the mountains and a breezy night by the sea alike—or wherever you and your loved ones gather together.
Chicken Verde Tortilla Soup
- 1 bag Lime Chips, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup Cilantro + more for garnish
- 4-5 Tomatillos, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a stockpot, combine chicken stock, onion, cumin, cilantro, and jalapeños.
- Bring to a simmer and add chicken breast.
- Poach 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts, and set aside, shred once cooled.
- Add tomatillo and some chips to still simmering poaching liquid.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes, and then blend with an immersion blender.
- Season with additional salt if needed. Return shredded chicken to soup to warm up, and serve.
- Garnish with additional chips, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, and shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.