Pineapple as a pizza topping is up for debate around this part of town, but on al pastor tacos? No question. Zip. Nada (especially when it’s mixed with cilantro and lime!). While these Pineapple Mushroom Tacos aren’t filled with al pastor in its traditional form, we used our Whole30 Approved Mild Taco Seasoning to fill our Grain Free Taco Shells full of the classic flavor with an alternative mushroom twist. Where’s the pineapple mixture, you ask? On top—hanging out next to crisp thinly sliced lettuce, jalapeños, avocado, and our Whole30 Approved Chipotle Hot Sauce. Enjoy!
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Add avocado oil and mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until extra moisture has evaporated and mushrooms begin to sear. Add Taco seasoning along with ⅓ cup of water. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- Cook hard taco shells in a preheated oven according to the package.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, and 1 minced pickled jalapeño. Fold in diced avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Fill hard shell taco with mushrooms, top with thinly shredded lettuce and then pineapple/avocado mixture. Top with chipotle hot sauce and serve.
Used in this Recipe