When you’re having the all-important debate between pizza or tacos for dinner, I’ve got you covered. Why choose one when you can have the best of both?
Introducing my Siete Tostadas with Spicy Avocado Cream Sauce, Roasted Tomatoes, and Arugula!
I’m all about compromise. And about making your favorite traditional comfort foods with real ingredients. This entire recipe is both gluten and dairy-free! I used cassava flour Siete tortillas, but you can use your favorite! I love to serve this as an appetizer if I’m hosting a dinner party, or eat a couple myself for a quick, throw-it-together dinner.
The best part of this recipe is that the cream sauce is super versatile, perfect for spreading on this tostada or even serving as a dip for your Siete Chips (try it with the Lime flavor)!
Serves - 3
Prep - 10 mins
Total Time - 15 mins
- 3 Siete Cassava Tortillas (or your favorite)
- 1 + 1/2 ripe avocados 1 whole avocado + 1/2 of a second
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper and more to taste & garnish
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes or more if you like it spicy
- 1/4 cup water to thin sauce
- To make this recipe, you first have to cook your tortillas on a greased hot pan or griddle so that they become nice and crisp to work as our tostada base.
- As for the Avocado Cream sauce, it can be made in a blender (talk about a quick recipe)! All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into your food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth and creamy. I don’t blame you if you end up eating this sauce straight up with a spoon. Not from personal experience or anything….
- I roasted the tomatoes in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes, but you can also blister them in a pan with a bit of olive oil! They add a gorgeous color and sweetness to the pizzette, and along with peppery arugula, create the perfect balance of flavors in this recipe!
- To assemble, top the tortilla with a layer of avocado cream sauce, followed by arugula, tomatoes, and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
- Enjoy these tostadas for brunch topped with an egg, as a snack, or serve as an appetizer for your next party!
Used in this Recipe