With Fall here and Winter soon upon us, we’ve officially entered the season of warm, indulgent, and festive gatherings. And even though this time of year encourages us to slow down and come together, sometimes it also means needing to throw a dish together quickly! If this sounds like your life from October through the New Year, we’ve got just the appetizer for you...Pumpkin Fundido! With just a handful of ingredients, this crowd-pleasing recipe can be ready in a lickity-splickity-bippity-boppity-boo!
1 Medium-Sized Pumpkin
1 Can 15 oz Organic Pumpkin Puree
1 Lb Ground Turkey
1 Jar Siete Mild Nacho Cashew Queso
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Sea Salt
1 t Black Pepper
1 Small Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
½ C Dairy Free Mozzarella Cheese
Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven at 400F.
- In a cast iron pan, add 3 T of avocado oil and add turkey, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Once the turkey is cooked, transfer to a bowl. Combine with pumpkin puree and Mild Nacho Cashew Queso.
- In the same cast iron pan, add 2 T of avocado oil and thinly sliced onions. Add 1-2 T of water and cook onions until caramelized (takes about 10-15 mins), then add to queso mixture.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and carve out the inside.
- Add all queso mixture into into the pumpkin and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Use avocado oil spray to lightly spray top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins and then broil on HIGH for 3- 4 mins, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with Grain Free No Salt Tortilla Chips and enjoy!