Plantain lovers unite! We see you out there, eating plantains every day, with black beans, as maduros or chips. All we’re sayin’ is, you can’t really complain when a meal includes these gifts from above, the sixth, lesser-known love language. Our familia loves this starchy fruit for their year-round availability, versatility in recipes, and that undeniably soft, come-try-me texture.
In this Plantain Fries recipe, we combine our love for plantains and fries into a quick-and-easy dish. Dip and dress your fries with cashew queso and hot sauce to enjoy a plate that celebrates starch, spice, and everything nice.
1. Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
2. Cut the ends off of each plantain, cut slit lengthwise down the plantains and peel.
3. Halve each plantain (cut across, not lengthwise).
4. Season with oil and spices.
5. Bake plantains until golden brown on each side, turning then after 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and serve warm with cashew queso dip.
1. Heat on medium-high stove 5 minutes, or until warm, serve with hot sauce and plantain chips.
Send a copy of this recipe to your email and get a printable pdf version.
Note, this will not add you to an email list.