In West Philadelphia born and raised, in the kitchen where tacos spend most of their days! Ok, so that's not how the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song goes, but we wish it did! Grab a bite of this Philly Cheesesteak Tacos recipe made with our Grain Free Cassava Tortillas and dairy free Spicy Blanco Cashew Queso. We think you might agree: They're even fit for a king...or prince.
- Thinly slice sirloin steak and set aside. Preheat a medium sized cast iron skillet on medium high. Add oil and then add steak.
- Cook steak until fully cooked. Add bell peppers and sauté with steak for 2-3 mins. Remove everything from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic and onions. Lower the temperature to medium low to caramelize onions. This will take about 10-15 mins or until they are golden brown. Add 1 tbsp of water while onions are cooking to help caramelize.
- Once caramelized, add in beef and peppers.
- Heat a separate pan on medium high. Add 2 tbsp of avocado oil and sliced mushrooms. Sear mushrooms in a pan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium high comal, heat 4 cassava tortillas, top with beef, peppers and onions. Drizzle each taco with warm spicy blanco queso and garnish with sautéed mushrooms and fresh parsley.
Used in this Recipe