Craving sopapillas but only have tortillas? Usually, we say "from our table to yours," but when Kaitlyn sent us a recipe for a delicious dairy free, gluten free, grain free treat, we wanted to share! So, from her table to all of ours, check out Kaitlyn's Sopapilla Tortilla Recipe below!
- Powder Sugar
- Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Whipped Cream
- Add a few cups of olive oil in a skillet to fill the skillet about 1/4 of the pan to fry the tortilla.
- Grab a small bowl and mix a tablespoon of coconut sugar and a tablespoon of turbinado sugar together. Set aside.
- Set the stove to medium-high heat for about 3-5 mins
- Turn down the heat to medium-low heat and add a tortilla shell to the oil
- Once the tortilla was browning or bubbling on top, I flipped it on the other side to fry some more. This took maybe 1-2 mins, not very long since it browned pretty quick.
- Take the tortilla out of the oil and place it on some paper towels to soak the oil.
- Sprinkle the mix of coconut sugar and turbinado sugar on top of the tortilla while it’s still hot from frying. Drizzle some honey, cinnamon, powder sugar (optional), melted dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate syrup. Let cool for a little bit
- Then add your dairy free ice cream/dairy free whipped cream to top it off!
Used in this Recipe