Adapted from the saying “plenty fish in the sea,” we thought, “plenty of seasoning on the fish!” Which lead us to this pickled and smoky jalapeño crust, perfect for baking atop your choice of fish. Our favorite part? It includes some of our favorite ingredients from land (leafy greens and our Grain Free Jalapeño Lime Tortilla Chips) and sea (salmon)—so, in a single salad, we enjoy the best of both worlds!
- 4 Portions Salmon
- 1 Bag Grain Free Jalapeño Lime Tortilla Chips
- 1 Jalapeno Pickled (canned), stem & seeds removed
- 1 Lime Zested
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3-4 tbsp Avocado Oil plus 2 tbsp for fish fillets
- Salad greens and fresh lime for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a food processor, pulse chips finely. Add avocado oil, lime zest, ground garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper and pulse everything together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillets on tray and make sure they are completely dry.
- Lightly oil each fillet with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of chip crust on top of each fillet, enough to cover the top of each fillet completely.
- Pat crust down on fillet so it is compacted and it sticks. Bake for about 10-12 mins or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with a salad and finish fish with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Used in this Recipe