Not quite green eggs and ham, but we’re thinking this Green Enchilada Egg Bake tastes pretty iconic. Made with our Whole30 Approved Green Enchilada Sauce, this quick and easy recipe includes a little spice, a little zest, a little tang—it may just be our new favorite thing.
- 1 Siete Green Enchilada Sauce
- 4 Organic Free Range Eggs
- ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
Dairy Free “Sour Cream”
- ¼ cup Cashews, Raw
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¾ cup Water
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Combine red onion, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a wide oven safe pan, place enchilada sauce and heat to medium. Let sauce simmer for 5-10 mins to get slightly thicker.
- Gently crack each egg into sauce, leaving enough room in between each egg. Season each egg yolk with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 mins or until egg whites are cooked through.
- Blend all sour cream ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with a drizzle of dairy free sour cream, pickled red onions, and chopped cilantro.
Used in this Recipe