Serious question: what’s Thanksgiving without a casserole? Sufficed to say, those who have never enjoyed the creamy delight of a green bean casserole may not know what they’ve BEAN missing! Sure, the joke landed a little better in our head, but the sentiment is true. Share this casserole with the ones you’re grateful for and leave the table full of love (and casserole)!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan heat 3 tbsp of avocado oil on high.
- Add mushrooms and saute until all excess moisture has evaporated.
- Add green beans and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add queso, coconut milk, cheese, and ¼ cup vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, stirring along the way to avoid scorching.
- Heat a cast-iron pan on medium-high and add ½ cup of coconut oil.
- Cut chickpea tortillas into thin strips and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain & toss in a bowl with garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Place green bean filling in a baking dish.
- Top with crispy tortilla chips and bake for 10 mins.
Used in this Recipe