When it comes to the holidays, there’s just something about coming in from the cold, into your family home and smelling the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting out from the oven. And, as a grain free family that likes to create nostalgic foods with different ingredients, we wanted to share an alternative bread recipe that doesn’t sacrifice health or flavor.
If bread is missing from your holiday potluck or family gathering, try this recipe and enjoy a slice of the holiday-life!
- 3 ⅔ cups almond flour
- 1 ⅛ cup cassava
- 2 tbsp pumpkin powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3 ½ tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine almond flour, cassava flour, pumpkin flour, baking soda, arrowroot, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine agave, 300 g water, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk wet mixture into dry slowly. Add more warm water until the mixture reaches thick batter consistency.
- Place mixture in a greased cast iron pan and bake uncovered for 35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Serve with apple or pumpkin butter or enjoy as is!