We see you, getting resourceful and adventurous in the kitchen, and we thought we'd join you (in salud, sabor, and spirit)! Now bringing you recipes directly from our familia, feast your eyes on this Butternut Squash Soup featuring our Whole30 Approved Mild Taco Seasoning by our very own Art Director, Aaron!
This recipe is a fun reminder that a quick peek in the fridge (and leftover veggies) can turn into a tasty meal any day of the week! Check out the super simple recipe below!
- 1 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 cups peeled & chopped butternut squash (I used a - - 16 ounce container of pre-cubed squash)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Siete taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- sour cream or non-dairy crema
- fresh thyme
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, coconut milk and maple syrup and combine.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until butternut squash is tender.
- Use an immersion blender or standard blender to purée ingredients until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot. If transferring to a standard blender, use caution as ingredients are very hot.
- Once blended, cook for an additional 3-4 more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve immediately or re-heat on the stove when ready to serve.
Used in this Recipe