What do you get when your little ones ask for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but you don’t have all your usual ingredients? An Almond Butter + Banana Quesadilla with Strawberry Jam Dip! (Yeah, it's a mouthful..🤤)
Some people say the sequel is never as good as the original, but we decided to think outside of the box and use what we had in our pantries for a new take on a classic afternoon snack...and we're happy to share that the kids were pleased—berry pleased!
- Heat tortillas on a medium heat comal for 5 seconds on each side.
- Take both tortillas and place them on a cutting board. Slowly apply almond butter to one side of each tortilla. Best done with the bottom of a spoon.
- Open the banana and cut ¼ inch circles and slowly place on one almond butter sided tortilla.
- Once the tortilla is filled up with banana pieces, place the other tortilla on top of the bananas (almond butter side down).
- Place quesadilla on the comal and heat for an additional 10 seconds on each side.
- Place on a cutting board and cut into small triangles.
- Best served warm with a cold strawberry jam dipping sauce!
Used in this Recipe