What does your leftover mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving have to do with today's taquitos? Everything! With an assortment of foods leftover from the holidays, our family does our best to repurpose all the remnants of our grateful gathering, making leftovers the gift that keeps on giving!
- 1 pack of Grain Free Tortillas (we used our Cassava Tortillas)
- Mashed potatoes
- 1-2 cups of oil for frying (we recommend using Avocado or Coconut Oil)
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt or sour cream (for garnish)
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- In a large, deep sauce pan, pour about 2 inches of oil in over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, warm tortillas on the stovetop (medium-high heat for 10 seconds each side) or in the microwave (8 second intervals) until they are soft enough to roll.
- Place about 3 heaping spoonfuls of mashed potatoes lengthwise in the center of the tortillas, then roll into a tube.
- Repeat until the desired number of taquitos are formed.
- Using tongs, carefully place 2-3 taquitos in the hot oil for about 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides. Drain the oil on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all are fried.
- Serve with shredded cabbage, coconut yogurt (or sour cream) and leftover cranberry sauce for dipping.
- ¡Buen provecho!