Our favorite flauta fable goes a little something like this: One time this guy said he makes better flautas than me and I said "pssshhh, don't flauta yourself." But then I saw his breakfast flautas and I was humbled. Our big takeaway? Stay hungr—erm, humbled. (But if you're also hungry check out our vegan Spicy Jackfruit Flautas recipe below.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and add drained jackfruit. Cook jackfruit and pull pieces apart to resemble pulled meat. ( about 3-4 mins)
- Add spicy taco seasoning along with ⅓ cup water and combine all. Cook for 1-2 mins and remove from heat.
- Place about ¼ cup of seasoned shredded jackfruit on each cassava tortilla and roll as tight as possible. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Place each flauta on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 15 mins, turning each flauta half way to assure even browning.
- Combine dairy free crema with hot sauce and ½ Lime.
- Top crispy flautas with thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, drizzle spicy crema, and garnish with pickled onions, diced tomato, and freshly chopped cilantro.
Used in this Recipe