Leave no casserole behind! In the spirit of gratitude, we decided to share some of our family's favorite ways to repurpose the plethora of remaining turkey, potatoes and sauces left behind following our Thanksgiving feast.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 1 cup Spicy Blanco Cashew Queso
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash sweet potatoes well and prick with a fork. Wrap in foil and bake for about 45-60 minutes until soft.
- Heat queso in a sauce pan on low heat; stir frequently.
- To make the gremolata, combine the parsley, sage and jalapeños in a small bowl.
- To assemble, slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise and stuff the shredded turkey inside. Top with the queso and gremolata. Wa-la!