We say, “Spaghetti is always greener on the other side.” And by “the other side,” we mean on your plate!
Why is our spaghetti green, you ask? Spaghetti Verde gets its flavor and color from a special ingredient in its sauce: poblano peppers. This recipe combines dairy free cream cheese, cashew milk, garlic, onion, and poblano peppers into a saucy balance of flavor and heat that gets tossed with gluten free spaghetti. Garnish with roasted pepita seeds, and enjoy!
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 8 oz Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ cup Cashew Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup Water
- 1 pound Gluten Free Spaghetti Pasta of choice
- Roasted Pepita Seeds for garnish
- Place a medium pot of water to a boil and add poblano peppers whole. 2 Boil for 20 mins or until the skins are soft. Remove from water and cut off tips from peppers.
- Place peppers, dairy free cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, cashew milk, salt, water, and nutritional yeast in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour mixture over a wide pan and place on medium heat.
- Cook pasta according to the package and then rinse thoroughly after cooking.
- Toss in sauce and serve. Garnish with roasted pepita seeds.