We’re not trying to compete with your grandma’s famous mashed potatoes (we would never do that to you, Grandma!), but on the off-chance that she gets tied up dealing with some reindeer, or has to bake an extra batch of cookies, we’ve got a dairy free smashed potatoes recipe that you can bring to the table. Is this recipe your “holiday miracle?”
- Baby Potatoes
- 1 Jar Mild Nacho Cashew Queso
- 1 cup Dairy Free Shredded Cheese
- ½ C Melted Ghee
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Chives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Bacon, diced & rendered
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- In a pot of water, add potatoes, without peeling, and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender and drain.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour melted ghee and garlic.
- Roll all potatoes on the tray and then, using the bottom of a cup or a firm flat small plate, smash all potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each smashed potato.
- Top each potato with a heaping spoonful of queso, bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until cheese is golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream & chives.