With so many ways you can fill them, empanadas are a delectable pastry that tastes good with any seasonal filling! This winter, this empanadas recipe highlights the undeniably delightful taste of pumpkin butter and pumpkin spice all wrapped up in a warm cashew flour tortilla. If you’re looking for a simple (or last-minute) recipe to round out a night of festivities with family and friends, look no further!
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Heat a comal to medium high heat and heat each tortilla for a few seconds on each side to make them pliable.
- Take off heat and add about 2 T of pumpkin butter in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold tortillas in half and seal empanadas with a fork. This will be easier if done when tortilla is still warm.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray them with avocado oil.
- Combine pumpkin spice with sugar and set aside.
- Bake for 18 mins or until edges are golden brown and top is crispy.
- Using oven mitts, remove from oven and sprinkle each empanada with pumpkin spice sugar & serve!