"These cheesy shrimp tacos, originated along Mexico’s Pacific coast in the state of Sinaloa. That’s right folks: shrimp + cheese = delicious! Sauteing the shrimp and veggie filling in coconut oil allows us to cook at a higher temperature and also adds a subtle tropical taste (who couldn’t use some beach right now?). Our Traditional Hot Sauce is an awesome topper and Cashew Tortillas always goes great with shrimp!" - BP3, our Senior Merchandising Specialist
- 1 pack of Grain Free Siete Tortillas (your choice of flavor!)
- 2 cups Queso Oaxaca, pulled into strings
- 1 lb Shrimp (fresh or previously frozen), shelled and chopped into ½” pieces
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup Diced Onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeño (optional)
- ¾ cup seeded and diced roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Siete Traditional Hot Sauce, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat another (dry) skillet over medium/medium-low heat.
- Add onion and peppers to coconut oil and sauté for about 3 minutes (but don’t brown).
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add tomato, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque and bright orange (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat tortillas in the other skillet.
- Flip tortillas once the cooked side starts to brown and add the queso Oaxaca.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over one half of the open tortilla and fold tacos over.
- Brown both sides of tacos and remove from heat.
- Top with Traditional Hot Sauce and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Used in this Recipe