Saddle up, we’re going for a ride! Just like wild mustangs, ranchlands and cast iron skillets run in abundance along the Mexican-American border. When it’s time to fuel up (or when cravings strike), these skillets are prepped on an open fire and filled with Grain Free Almond Flour Tortillas, dairy free Spicy Blanco Cashew Queso, black beans, and fried eggs (topped with our Whole30 Approved Red Enchilada Sauce, pickled onions, and cilantro). While Huevos Rancheros originated on Mexican ranches and farmhouses as a go-to meal, this recipe reminds us of home and our borderland Mexican-American heritage—we want to share it with you. Enjoy!
- For refried beans: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until onions are translucent and add black beans, salt and pepper. Add ½ cup of water. Mash black beans and cook them down for 5-10 minutes on medium low heat.
- In a separate skillet, cook eggs sunny side up with 1 tbsp of avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat about 1 cup of enchilada sauce over medium heat.
- Heat a skillet over medium high and add spray with avocado spray. Spread about 2 tbsp of queso over a tortilla and top with another tortilla. Grill quesadilla in a skillet until both sides are golden brown.
- Place quesadilla on a plate and spread black beans over top.
- Add eggs over beans and then pour over the warm enchilada sauce (just enough to cover tortillas and egg whites, but leave yolks uncovered.) Garnish with pickled onions, cilantro and fresh avocado.
Used in this Recipe