With apple turnovers in tow—on to Abuela's house we go! The adventure begins as we pack our basket with Apple Glazed Turnovers made from our Grain Free Almond Flour Tortillas, granny smith apples, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. And the apple of our eye in this recipe? The homemade glaze that's drizzled on top! These grain Free Glazed Apple Turnovers are a classic and definitely Abuela Approved!
- 1 package Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Granny Smith Apples, small diced
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- ⅔ c Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and small diced apples.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Cook apples for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and have softened. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Heat each tortilla for 2-3 seconds on each side over medium-high heat. Add about ⅓ cup of apple filling to each and fold in a triangular shape.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper folded sides down. Repeat with all tortillas and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and coconut milk to create icing. In a separate bowl, combine coconut sugar and spices.
- Remove apple turnovers from the oven and sprinkle with spiced sugar & drizzle with icing.
Used in this Recipe