The sheer excitement that comes from this recipe comes with unpacking the name:“chori” as in “chorizo,” (but more specifically our delicious and clean vegan version of chorizo!); “queso” as in our dairy free Spicy Blanco Cashew queso (it’s so good it keeps us up at night); and “dip” as in our Grain Free Restaurant Style Dip Chip, made from cassava and pumpkin! Exciting, right?! And, making a special appearance in this recipe is our Mild Taco Seasoning, which lends this dip it’s robust, savory, and super-satisfying flavor in every bite. Three cheers for this chori-queso dip!
- In a large pan heat avocado oil on medium-high.
- Saute onions for 5-8 mins until translucent.
- Rough chop bella mushrooms.
- Raise heat to high and add mushrooms. [Note: Make sure pan is large enough so mushrooms are not piled so they don’t sweat.]
- Sear mushrooms and add walnuts and chickpeas.
- Add tomato paste and combine everything, adding water to dilute the tomato paste and coat everything.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add Mild Taco Seasoning and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook everything together for 5-10 mins.
- Heat Mild Cashew Queso over medium heat in a separate pan until hot.
- Transfer queso over to a serving bowl.
- Add some chorizo filling to the center of the bowl of queso. Do not mix together. Serve with Grain Free Dip Chips.
Used In This Recipe