We got together with our home-skillets, Vital Farms, to create a Migas recipe—because we’re a-migas, of course! We admire their ethically-sourced farm foods and focus on revitalizing family farms. (Plus, some might even say that we’re birds of a feather since we flock together as Austin-locals.) Give this dish a try, and you’ll see how our tortilla chips and their eggs and butter are egg-specially better together in this savory breakfast dish!
Vital Farms Migas
Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 oz Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips Sea Salt (a little more than half a bag)
- 4 Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Butter
- 2 oz uncured smoked ham, 1/4 inch dice (if available at your store, go to the deli and ask for a 1/4” slice)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out tortilla chips on a sheet tray, and toast in oven until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Once cooled, lightly break chips into smaller pieces (not crumbs).
- Sauté ham, onions, bell peppers in avocado oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, lightly season with salt. Add tomatoes and pickled jalapeños, and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes. Reserve sautéed mixture in a separate bowl, and rise out the pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large seasoned cast iron skillet or nonstick pan, warm up butter over medium heat. Once the pan is sufficiently hot, and add your seasoned eggs and scramble. Add toasted chips once eggs are close to being fully cooked. Add sautéed tomato mixture to the pan and stir, top with cheese, and garnish with cilantro.
Café con Siete - Daisy O'Connor
When Daisy O’Connor came for her Café con Siete performance and visit, she admitted that seven (siete) is her lucky n...
Trio Los Vigilantes - Café con Siete
Friday, February 8th, it hailed little white pebbles of ice around the office. The same way people say the only const...