One of the things that we love about our Almond Flour tortillas is that, although they are incredible with Mexican food, their distinctive, slightly nutty flavor profile gives them the opportunity pair well with other types of cuisine as well.
For instance, they are amazing as the base for a dessert, and an obvious pairing for nut butters and berries in a way that most other breads and tortillas are not.
Make sure to put them on the griddle for at least 10-15 seconds on high heat, as you want them to sweat, gain pliancy, and become more compliant with the viscosity of an almond butter or hazelnut spread. Here's a quick recipe that's sure to be a hit with kids, or just as a delightful snack for one!
Almond Berry Dessert Tortillas
- 4 Siete Foods Almond Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Turn a pan or griddle to high, wait until the surface is hot.
- Place your almond flour tortillas into the pan, heating 10-15 seconds a side. The tortillas should be sweating and hot to the touch.
- Spread your almond butter on the tortillas. If you're having trouble spreading the butter, briefly warm it to make it less viscous.
- Top the tortillas with sliced strawberries and blueberries, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and serve!